My jam making history is an old one! In 2011 I appeared on the show Come Dine With Me Canada that actually taped in 2010 - my new friend Graham gave us each a jar of Blackcurrant jam to take home. I couldn't help but notice that I had the same berry bush that he had. A year or so I saw the fruit but had no idea that they were blackcurrants! That year, I rallied the troupes aka my Mom and make jam for the first time.
|Blackcurrants||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1. Wash and clean the blackcurrants.
2. Add this to a pot with the sugar and allow the sugar to melt.
3. Stir at intervals for about 15 mins.
4. Switch off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
5. Process the cooled mixture and ass back into the pot.
6. Add the pectin and mix and bring to a rolling boil for one minute.
7. Pour into sterilized jars and cool.
8. Serve and enjoy!