The Paneer Khurchan is as simple as preparing an everyday subzi but has an exclusive flavour and texture, perhaps due to the apt combination of veggies and spices with succulent paneer. Make sure you use really fresh and soft paneer for this dish, because it forms the bulk of the subzi and is therefore a key factor behind its success. The other ingredients like tomatoes, onions and cumin seeds are very easy to find and will not involve any extra effort. Just a matter of minutes before this tasty dish is ready on the table! Serve with Butter Naan or Tandoori Roti and a glass of Mint Chaas for a satiating meal.
|Chopped paneer||3 Cup (48 tbs) (cottage cheese)|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon (jeera)|
|Finely chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tumeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon (haldi)|
|Chilli powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon (dhania)|
1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
4. Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt, mix well and sauté on a high flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Add the paneer, mix gently and cook on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
6. Serve immediately garnished with coriander.