Enjoy these crisp yet spongy Green Pea Pancakes early in the morning before starting your day. The combination of green peas with moong dal helps to enhance the fibre and protein content of this recipe. Serve hot, with Carrot Garlic Chutney.
|Yellow moong dal||1 Cup (16 tbs) (split yellow gram, soaked for 30 minutes and drain)|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green chillies||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Grated ginger||1 Teaspoon (adrak)|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon (dhania)|
|Finely chopped onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peanut oil||2 1/2 Teaspoon (for greasing and cooking)|
|Chutney||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Carrot garlic chutney for serving)|
1. To make green pea pancakes, combine the soaked and drained moong dal, green peas, green chillies, coriander and ginger and blend in a mixer using 1 cup of water to make a thick batter.
2. Transfer the batter into a deep bowl, add the onions and salt and mix well.
3. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp oil.
4. Pour a spoonful of the batter on it and spread in a circular motion to make 125 mm. (5”) thick round.
5. Cook, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it turns brown in colour from both the sides.
6. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 9 more green pea pancakes.
7. Serve the green pea pancakes immediately with carrot garlic chutney.