Yum paneer and healthy carrot come together in the stuffing for these exciting green-tinged parathas made with a dough of wheat flour and spinach puree. Thanks to the softness imparted by the puree, these Stuffed Spinach Parathas stay nice and fresh in the tiffin box for around five hours. Your kids will love the succulent paneer based filling in every bite of these sumptuous Parathas .
|Grated paneer||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (cottage cheese)|
|Grated carrot||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger green chili paste||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon (dhania)|
|For the dough:|
|Whole wheat flour||3/4 Cup (12 tbs) (gehun ka atta)|
|Spinach puree||3 Tablespoon (palak)|
|For other ingredients:|
|Whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (gehun ka atta for rolling)|
|Oil||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
2. Add enough water and knead into a semi-stiff dough. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
3. Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
4. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
5. Roll a portion of the dough into a circle of 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle.
6. Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle.
7. Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
8. Roll again into a circle of 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat for rolling.
9. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using a little oil until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
10. Repeat steps 3 to 7 to make 3 more parathas.
11. Serve immediately.
Wrap in an aluminum foil or cling film and pack in a tiffin box.