Feed the whole family this Bacon Wrapped Cauliflower with Cheese Stuffing which is also low carb and keto recipe friendly!
|Extra||virgin olive oil|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Eggs||2 Large , beaten|
|Green onions||4 , thinly sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cream cheese||120 Gram|
|Dried breadcrumbs||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced bacon||500 Gram|
1. So into a large pot, turn the heat to high and place in the head of cauliflower.
2. So all I am doing is adding water to the pot, then squeezing over some fresh lemon juice and finally salting the water which not only seasons it but helps the water come to a boil quicker. Bring the water to a boil, and leave in the pot until the cauliflower is just tender and you can stick a skewer through the middle.
3. While the cauliflower is cooking, were going to start on the stuffing - sort of like a chicken stuffing but for the cauliflower. Into a pan over a medium heat add the spring onions or scallions and sweat them down for several minutes. Next add in some baby spinach, which always looks like way to much but it wilts down to nothing.
4. When its finished cooking, place it into a large bowl and add to it some minced garlic, along with grated cheddar cheese.
5. Next add dried breadcrumbs, this gives the stuffing some guts to it and helps bind everything better.
6. Pour over the beaten eggs and place in the softened cream cheese and season with pepper. Using a fork mash everything together until it forms a lumpy batter and everything is combined well.
7. When the cauliflower is finished, simply drain the excess water and leave to cool on a tray long enough so that you can handle it, then break the cauliflower off into segments. Turning them upside you’ll notice all the chambers in and around the florets, spoon over the stuffing and it will ooze into all those cracks and cavities.
8. Turn them over again and this time wrap them in bacon securing them underneath. Then just place into a preheated oven at 180c or 350f for 15-20 minutes or until the bacon has become slightly crispy.
9. To serve, simply plate them up and get stuck in, you cut into them and see the stuffing oozing out and the combination of the stuffing, cauliflower and bacon will soon have this recipes as a family favourite every week!