In 1966 / 1967 The Laura Secord Chocolate Company published a Canadian cookbook that highlighted recipes from across Canada. Included is this classic Canadian Butter Tart Recipe.
|Pie dough||500 Gram ((use as required))|
|Raisins/Currants||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft butter||60 Gram|
|Lightly packed brown sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
1. Line 18 standard sized muffin cups with pastry.
2. Preheat oven to 190ºC (375ºF).
3. Pour boiling water over raisins or currants. Let stand 5 minutes and drain.
4. Stir together butter and brown sugar. Blend in corn syrup, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice. Stir in raisins or currants.
5. Fill pastry-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until pastry is golden.
7. Allow it to cool. Serve and Enjoy!