After years of visiting Hong Kong - this XO Shrimp Chow Mein XO recipe is one of our favourites. A really easy shrimp stir fry, with stir fried noodles and XO sauce!
|Peeled shrimp||500 Gram|
|Sesame oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Snap peas||50 Gram|
|Bean sprouts||50 Gram ((use as required))|
|Chow mien noodles||200 Gram|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Xo sauce||2 Tablespoon|
1. Season the shrimp with salt, black pepper, and sesame oil. Mix to coat the shrimp.
2. Have a pot of boiling water standing by to cook the noodles.
3. Heat wok on high heat, and splash in some grapeseed oil.
4. Toss in the shrimp, and stir them around just until they turn pink.
5. Remove the shrimp from the wok, put the wok back on the heat and add more oil if needed.
6. If using dry noodles drop them in the boiling water now.
Toss into the wok the peas and carrots, stir fry until tender crisp.
7. Throw in the garlic, bean sprouts, and onions.If using fresh noodles drop them in the boiling water now. Toss and continue cooking the veg in the wok. Add the shrimp back to the wok.
8. Pull the noodles from the water (when al dente), and drop them directly into the wok.
9. Stir and toss in the soy, oyster, and XO sauce.
10. Serve and Enjoy!