This healthy family dinner recipe takes less than 20 minutes to make!
|Salmon fillets with skin||4|
|Lime wedges||To Taste (To Serve)|
|For the salsa:|
|Chopped cilantro||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Diced red onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced spring onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1/8 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. So firstly were going to make a very simple & fresh chunky salsa, into a bowl add diced avocado, red onion, diced cucumber and chopped spring onion or scallions.
2. Squeeze some fresh lime juice over the top and then add chopped coriander or cilantro. Season with salt and pepper and mix it very well until everything is combined and leave it aside while we get started on the salmon.
3. Place olive oil over the salmon, you can of course not have the skin on but I find it helps protect the salmon from drying out in a hot pan. Next the spices, I’m using a cajun spice blend with garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, onion powder but you can use any spice mix for this you want to, old bay works really well with this too.
4. Rub the fish all over and then place the salmon skin side down into a medium to high heat non stick pan and cook for 4 minutes on the skin side and 1 minute on the other. The cajun spices will give you a wonderful colour to the salmon. Leave the salmon to rest while you plate up the salsa, just mound it into the centre of each plate and then place on the salmon.
5. Serve with lime wedges and you have a wonderful healthy meal for the whole family that everyone will love and you won’t have spent all night in the kitchen, so you can spend more time on the most important things - Time with family!