This Pot Roast Ras el Hanout is not your Grandmothers pot roast! The slightly exotic flavours and hint of sweet from the dried fruits, makes this slow roasted oven pot roast recipe a treat.
|Pot roast||1 1/2 Gram (3 pound)|
|Beef stock||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Ras el hanout||15 Milliliter (1 tbsp)|
|Pureed tomatoes||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Oil||2 Tablespoon (for browning)|
|Onion||1 Large (cut into 8 pieces)|
|Carrots||2 Large (cut into chunks)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Dates||10 , pitted (chopped)|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Small|
1. Preheat oven to 160ºC (325ºF).
2. Season roast with salt and pepper on all sides.
3. Mix the beef stock, ras el hanout, and tomato.
4. Heat oil in a Dutch oven, and brown beef on all sides.
5. Toss the onion, carrots, garlic, dates, bay leaves, and cinnamon stick into the Dutch oven.
6. Pour over the stock mixture, cover and place in the oven.
7. Cook for 3.5 to 4 hours.
8. Serve and enjoy!