Potluck season is upon us, and Im always thinking about new ideas to either take to a potluck or share at home with a larger crowd. There are two simple rules 1. It should have that party wow factor and 2. It should be easy enough to prepare in a large batch. Ive made something similar using shredded Chicken in my Chicken Shawarma recipe and this time I decided to make meatballs instead. I always like to make my own hummus, its so easy to whip up a batch but if you prefer you can also use store bought hummus.
These Chicken meatballs are very simple. I chose to deep fry them, but you can also bake them in the oven or use an air fryer like I did in my Korean Meatball recipe. Check out the recipe and give it a try!
|For meatball mixture:|
|Chicken breast||500 Gram|
|Spice blend||2 Tablespoon (Shawarma spice)|
|Aleppo pepper chili flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground white pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely minced onions||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For red pepper hummus:|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned garbanzo beans||540 Milliliter (1 can)|
|Roasted garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Roasted peppers||200 Gram (in brine)|
|Tahini paste/Sesame paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Hot sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|For frying the meatball:|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
1. Prepare the chicken breast by mincing half in the food processor and dicing the other half by hand.
2. Mix all the other ingredients together and form meatballs by hand or by using an ice cream scoop.
3. Deep fry, cook in the oven or air fry.
4. Prepare the Hummus by adding all the ingredients into the food processor and blending to a fine paste. If it is too thick add some water or some olive oil.
5. Serve this Hummus with Pita bread to your guests.