Lamb Chorba Is A Spicy Lamb Chickpea Barley Soup Recipe, that is so warming and comforting! The combination of spices in the Ras el Hanout is an amazing compliment to the taste of lamb.
|Olive oil||30 Milliliter|
|Onion||1 Large , chop|
|Carrot||1 , chop|
|Celery stalk||1 , chop|
|Lamb||250 Gram , mince (about 1/2 lb)|
|Ras el hanout||30 Milliliter (about 1 or 2 tbsp)|
|Chicken broth||1 1/2 Liter (about 6 cups)|
|Canned diced tomatoes||19 Ounce (about 540 mL, 1 can)|
|Canned chickpeas||125 Milliliter , drained, rinsed (about 1/2 cup, 1 can)|
|Barley||90 Gram (about 125 mL / ½ cup)|
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
2. Add the vegetables and cook until softened.
3. Add the lamb and Ras el Hanout.
4. Continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the tomatoes and broth.
6. Bring to a boil, cover loosely then lower to a simmer for at least 30 minutes. (longer is better).
7. Add the chickpeas and barley.
8. Cooking for another 20-30 minutes.
9. Serve and enjoy!