A desi favourite transforms into a nouveau treat, taking a few hints from Mexican cuisine. Imagine a masala dosa, with a Mexican style baked beans filling and a garnish of cheese, instead of the traditional potato filling. Well, the outcome is a fabulous Mexican Dosa! If you are an international food aficionado, you are sure to have ingredients like baked beans and chilli sauce ready in your fridge at all times so making this Mexican Dosa is a breeze. You will love the crispy dosa and the tongue-tickling filling, which complement each other beautifully.
|For the stuffing:|
|Baked beans||1 Cup (16 tbs) (readymade)|
|Finely chopped spring onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (whites and greens)|
|Finely chopped capsicum||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chilli sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1/2 Teaspoon (jeera)|
|For other ingredients:|
|Dosa batter||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter||6 Teaspoon (for cooking)|
|Grated processed cheese||12 Tablespoon|
1. Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
2. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
3. Pour a ladleful of the batter (approx. ¼ cup) on the tava (griddle) and spread in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle.
4. Spread 1 tsp of butter over it and cook on a medium flame till it turns slightly crisp and golden brown in colour.
5. Place one portion of the stufifng in a row in the centre and sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese evenly over it. And fold it over from both the sides overlapping each other.
6. Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 5 more dosas.
7. Serve immediately.