Yummy inside and yummy outside, this dish is tasty through and through! The Paneer Rolls are made with the right mix of paneer and potatoes flavoured with spice powders and pastes, and deep-fried with a batter coating. An innovative idea that adds to the crunchiness of this snack is to roll the batter-coated rolls in bread crumbs before frying. This not only gives the Paneer Roll a very appetizing appearance, it also makes it super crispy. An amazing range of textures such as the succulence of the filling and the crunch of bread crumbs, not to forget the variety of interesting flavours like the spiciness of garam masala and the tanginess of amchur, make this a unique and irresistible snack!
|Grated paneer||1 Cup (16 tbs) (cottage cheese)|
|Boiled peeled mashed potatoes||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated processed cheese||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger green chilli paste||2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch (haldi)|
|Coriander cumin powder||1 Teaspoon (dhania|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried mango powder||1 Teaspoon (amchur)|
|Garam masala||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (maida)|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Schezuan sauce||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (for serving)|
1. Combine the paneer, potatoes, cheese, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, dried mango powder, garam masala and salt in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
2. Combine the plain flour and approx. 3/4 cup of water in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
3. Divide the paneer-potato mixture into 14 equal portions and shape each portion into a cylindrical roll.
4. Dip each ball into the plain flour-water mixture and roll them in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
5. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes so deep-frying becomes easier.
6. Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry, a few rolls at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
7. Serve immediately with Schezuan sauce.