Spring to me means lemon EVERYTHING. This delicious and easy dessert is packed with that amazing lemon flavor that will keep you coming back for more.
|Butter||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||3 (Use the Juice and Zest)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Plain greek yogurt||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Powdered sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat your oven to 320 degrees F.
2. In a bowl with an electric mixer cream together your butter and sugar until smooth. To the bowl add in the eggs and mix until combined.
3. Add in the lemon zest, vanilla extract, Greek yogurt, and lemon juice and mix until combined completely.
4. To the wet ingredients add in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until combined.
5. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and put in to the preheated oven. Let it bake 55-60 minutes, until cooked through.
6. Once cooked take it out of the pan and let it cool on a rack slightly. Once the cake has cooled make the glaze by mixing together the powdered sugar and lemon juice. You want to add the liquid a little at a time. If it appears too runny add more powdered sugar and if it appears too thick add a little more lemon juice.
7. Add the glaze to the top of the loaf, garnish with thin lemon slices, and lemon zest.
8. Cut, serve, and devour.