This easy to make soup recipe just screams SPRING! Its beautiful, delicious, and very impressive. Also, if you want to make it ahead of time it would also be delicious served cold. Its the best way to use up all of those great Springtime veggies- Yum!
|Grapeseed oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Asparagus||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Frozen green peas||15 Ounce , thawed|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Cream||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
1. In a heavy bottomed pan oven medium high heat melt the butter with the grapeseed oil.
2. Once hot add in the sliced leeks with a pinch of salt, letting them cook for a minute or two.
3. To the leeks add the minced garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about one minute. Add in the chopped asparagus, with another small pinch of salt, and cook until they turn a bright green, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add in the thawed peas and lemon zest, cooking another minute. Add in the chicken stock, reduce it to medium heat, and let it come up to a soft simmer. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. To a blender add in all of the solids, keeping the liquid in the pot. Add only a ladle of the liquid to the blender to help with blending. If you add too much of the liquid it could get messy! Add a kitchen towel over the top and blend until smooth, about a minute or two.
6. Once pureed, carefully pour back into the pot and mix together. Add a little cream, salt, pepper, grated Parmesan, and a big squeeze of lemon juice.
7. Ladle into a bowl, drizzle the top with a little olive oil, and serve! How easy is that?