Yes, here were tell you how to make the ever-popular Butterscotch Ice-Cream! Loved by kids and adults alike, this rich ice-cream has a mellow flavour balanced wonderfully by the sweet crunch of the crushed praline. The praline, made with cashews and sugar, gives a delectable texture and rich flavour to the ice-cream. Relish this treat slow and steady, hunting out the praline chunks in each mouthful and biting into them slowly to let their flavour swirl into the rest of the ice-cream creating magic on your palate.
|For the praline|
|Sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered cashewnuts||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
|For the ice||cream:|
|Milk||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Condensed milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk powder||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butterscotch essence||1/2 Teaspoon|
For the praline:
1. Heat the sugar in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 5 to7 minutes or till the sugar melts, while stirring continuously.
2. Remove from the flame, add the cashewnuts and butter and mix well.
3. Grease a flat, smooth surface with a little oil, spread the mixture on it and allow it to cool and harden.
4. Scrape it out using a palate knife and coarsely powder it using a mortar-pestle (khalbatta). Keep aside.
For the ice-cream:
5. Combine all the ingredients, except the butterscotch essence, and whisk together so that no lumps remain.
6. Bring to boil in a non-stick pan and simmer for 7 minutes, while stirring continuously and scrapping the sides of the pan.
7. Cool completely, add the butterscotch essence and mix well.
8. Pour the mixture into a shallow aluminium container. Cover with an aluminium foil and store in the freezer compartment for 6 hours or till semi-set.
9. Remove the semi-set ice-cream from the freezer, transfer it into a mixer and blend till smooth.
10. Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the prepared praline and mix well.
11. Transfer the mixture back into the same aluminium shallow container. Cover with an aluminium foil and store in the freezer compartment for approx. 10 hours or till set.
12. Scoop and serve.