Who DOESN'T love an amazing, delicious, heavenly Girl Scout cookie? I have zero self control when it comes to them! I decided to make a treat that combines my two favorite things- doughnuts and Samoa cookies! The result? Heaven.
|For baked doughnuts:|
|Milk||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon , melt|
|Vanilla extract||1 1/2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1/8 Teaspoon|
|For samoa topping:|
|Caramels||11 Ounce (((1 bag, unwrapped)))|
|Shredded sweetened coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs) , toast|
|Dark chocolate wafers||1 Cup (16 tbs) (((dark chocolate melting wafers)))|
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and lightly spray a doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a bowl mix together the milk, sour cream, egg, and vanilla extract until combined.
3. Add in the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg and combine completely.
4. Put the mixture in a ziplock bag and snip a corner of the bag off with scissors. Pipe the batter into the pan, filling it up about 2/3 of the way.
5. Put the pan into the oven and bake for 9-10 minutes.
6. Once cooked take them out of the oven and let cool slightly on a rack.
7. Once cooled slightly melt your chocolate according to package directions.
8. Dip the bottom of the doughnut into the melted chocolate and let them harden chocolate side up. I put the doughnuts into the fridge for a couple of minutes to speed up the process (shhh….don’t judge).
9. While the chocolate is hardening add the caramels and milk into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for one minute, take out and stir, and then microwave on 30 second intervals until melted completely. Be careful your bowl will be hot!
10. To the melted caramel add in the toasted coconut and salt and mix until completely combined.
11. Ice the top of the doughnuts immediately.
12. Pop the chocolate back into the microwave for 30 seconds to melt again and then drizzle the tops with the melted chocolate.
13. How easy and delicious is that?! Now you can enjoy the flavors of Samoa Cookies all year round