Looking to start off your St. Patricks Day the right way? Well do it with Baileys! This easy to make scone recipe only takes a few minutes to make and even less to devour. Baileys in your scones and then Baileys in your coffee and youre off to a great St. Patricks day!
|All purpose flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1/4 Teaspoon|
|Cold butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baileys irish cream||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baileys irish cream||1 Tablespoon (((use more if required)))|
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a bowl whisk together the all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt until combined.
3. Add in the butter and with your hands rub the butter and flour between your hands, making sure there are not large pieces of butter left. You can also use a pastry cutter!
4. Add in the milk and Bailey’s and stir until well combined. The dough will feel wet.
5. Pour out the batter onto a prepared baking sheet
6. Wash and dry your hands and rub them with flour. Use your hands to pat down the dough and form it into an even circle.
7. Take knife, rub it with flour so it doesn’t stick, and cut the dough into 6 even(ish) wedges.
8. Brush the top with the egg and sprinkle the top with sugar. Put into the preheated oven and let it bake for 12 minutes, or until a beautiful light golden brown.
9. Once cooked, take it out of the oven and let them cool slightly while you make the glaze.
10. In a bowl add the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of Bailey’s. Mix together until combined. If the glaze appears too thick add 1 teaspoon more of Bailey’s at a time and if they glaze appears too runny add a little more powdered sugar. You want to be able to drizzle the glaze on and it not run off.
11. That’s it! The perfect St. Patrick’s day treat to get the day started. Enjoy