Every bite of this sandwich features an outburst of colour, crunch and flavour. An apt combination of juicy sweet corn and crispy spicy capsicum, this sandwich has a very balanced flavour, further enhanced with naturally pungent ingredients like green chillies, onion and garlic. Serve the Grilled Corn and Capsicum Sandwich fresh off the griller with tomato ketchup.You can also try other grilled sandwiches like Cabbage, Carrot and Paneer Grilled Sandwich and Zucchini and Bell Pepper Sandwich .
|Boiled sweet corn kernals||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (makai ke dane)|
|Finely chopped capsicum||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (red , yellow and green)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (plus extra for spreading and brushing)|
|Finely chopped onions||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped garlic||1 Teaspoon (lehsun)|
|Finely chopped green chilies||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste (kalimirch)|
|Tomato ketchup||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (for serving)|
1. Heat the butter in a broad non-sick pan, add the onions, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
2. Add the capsicum, sweet corn, salt and black pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside to cool completely.
4. Place a bread slice on a clean, dry surface and butter them lightly.
5. Spread a portion of the mixture evenly over it and sandwich it with another bread slice with the buttered side facing downwards.
6. Brush a little butter on top of the bread and grill in a greased pre-heated sandwich griller for 4 to 5 minutes or till it turns crispy and brown from both the sides.
7. Cut the sandwich diagonally into 2 equal pieces.
8. Repeat steps 4 to 7 to make 3 more sandwiches.
9. Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.