Keto Vegan Friendly plus Dairy Free!
|Coconut flour||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Ground flax seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||3 Teaspoon|
|Coconut sugar||4 Tablespoon|
|Oat milk||300 Milliliter|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Black strap molasses||2 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut oil||1 1/2 Tablespoon|
1. So firstly into a bowl add in the coconut flour, you can spelt flour as a substitute but I do love the coconut flavour. Next add in your ground flax seeds, these are so good for you they help with everything from heart disease to diabetes they are a major super food and I like to sneak them in when baking nowadays.
2. Next up add in your baking soda, baking powder and some salt. For the spices I’m sticking to the classics, add in the cinnamon which I don’t have to tell you is delicious in pancakes, and of course some ground ginger. I love the flavour combo here its very festive but makes for good eating all year round. Add the stevia as your sugar substitute, and mix the dry ingredients well with a whisk.
3. For the wet mix, into a jug place in any plant based milk, I’m using oat milk but coconut or almond will go great as well. To keep the pancakes from burning in the pan I add in some coconut oil, to contrast with the sweetness I add apple cider vinegar to balance it and finally add some molasses or golden syrup in my case. This gives the pancakes a really moist texture. Mix it all together well, and add into the dry mix. Stir gently, don’t over mix or the batter will turn nasty on you in the pan so just mix it until just combined.
4. Into a non stick pan over a medium heat, add the batter - you make them to the size you want obviously I like mine a little larger. Using a spatula carefully flip over and cook the other side. Each side should take 2-3 minutes.
5. Repeat this process and stack them ready to serve, pour over some pure maple syrup and serve them up. Fluffy, moist with great flavours - this is perfect for those lazy weekend breakfasts.