So smooth and full of flavour, this is a dessert you won't feel guilty eating!
|Unsweetened oat milk/Plant based milk
|3/4 Cup (12 tbs)
|Chai tea bag
1. So start with the sweet potatoes, I love them not only for their flavour but they are less in calories and have higher amounts of fibre than regular potatoes. And all I am doing here is simply pricking them with a fork, now this allows the sweet potato to cook evenly when in the oven while retaining its moisture. So give them all a good prick with a fork all over, and then place them in the oven at 200C or 400F for 30-40 minutes or until soft. Leave to cool completely. When cooled the skin will come off really easily, and just place them in a bowl for the mean time.
2. While the potato is in the oven get started on the chai tea infusion, into a small saucepan add oatmilk, now I’ve shown you how to make your own oat milk or you can buy it in the stores. You can swap this out for another milk of your choosing but I love the added creaminess the oat milk gives this dessert.
3. Bring the milk up to a gentle boil and add in your chai tea bags. Let the bags infuse with the oat milk for 10 minutes over a low heat stirring occasionally. After 10 minutes discard the tea bags and when ready pour the milk over the sweet potatoes.
4. Now I blending this in a food processor, you can do this by hand but the machine will give you a really creamy texture.
5. Season with salt and a splash of maple syrup, then process until smooth. You can see how creamy its getting with a rally soft texture.
6. This is great cold or warm, its your preference - making it perfect for sweet snacks on the go or even great sweet alternatives for the kids in their lunch boxes. It will last 3 days in the fridge but I suspect it won’t last that long!