During the cold months, a bowl of a delicious hot soup is what I crave. This is one of my favorite soups of all time and not to mention it's so easy to make! It's bursting with incredible flavor.
|Boneless skinless thighs||2 Pound|
|Tomatillos||1 Pound (husks removed and washed)|
|White onion||1 Large , chop|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) , chop|
|Cilantro stems||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) , chop|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chopped cilantro||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned hominy||23 Ounce , drained, rinsed (1 can)|
|Garnishes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Chopped fresh cilantro, Lime wedges, Sliced radishes, Queso fresco, crumbled)|
1. In a heavy bottom pot over high add chicken thighs, tomatillos, chopped onion, chopped garlic, cilantro stems, chicken broth, salt, and cumin.
2. Let it come up to a boil and turn it down to medium low to let it simmer for 40 minutes.
3. After cooking for 40 minutes remove the cooked chicken and put into a bowl and using two forks shred.
4. Using a slotted spoon remove all of the solids and put into a blender. To the blender add chopped cilanto and puree until smooth.
5. Add the pureed liquid back into the pot along with the hominey and shredded chicken. Let the mixture simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Once cooked, ladle the soup into a bowl and top with more fresh chopped cilantro, sliced radishes, a big squeeze or fresh lime, and crumbled queso fresco.
7. Thats it! This delicious soup will make you say posOLEEE!