One of my favorite comfort dinners of all time is my moms stuffed peppers. She would always make them growing up and they hold a special place in my heart. Now that Fall is here I find myself always wanting to make hearty soups for dinner and whats better than a stuffed pepper soup! This recipe is easy to make and so delicious!
|Ground chuck||2 Pound|
|Grapeseed oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Bell peppers||3 Large (((use different color ones)))|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole peeled tomatoes||28 Ounce|
|Beef broth||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White rice||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (((cooked according to package directions)))|
1. Heat a heavy bottomed pot over medium high and add the ground beef. Let it cook until fully cooked through.
2. Using a slotted spoon, take out of the ground beef and put into a bowl. Set aside.
3. Heat up the grapeseed oil and add the onions. Saute for a minute or two.
4. Add In the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
5. Turn the heat down to medium and add in the chopped bell peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes
6. To the cooked veggies add the tomato paste and coat the vegetables with it. Let it cook, stirring often, for about 2-3 minutes so the raw tomato paste flavor cooks out.
7. Add the beef broth, whole peeled tomatoes, and water to the pot and scrape the bottom.
8. With a knife, cut the whole peeled tomatoes into smaller pieces- it doesn’t have to be perfect!
9. Add in the ground beef, season with salt and pepper, and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
10. Add in the cooked rice and let it cook another 5 minutes
11. Once it’s done cooking ladle it into a bowl and serve! Sooo delicious! Enjoy!