This low carb keto bread recipe is soft with no eggy taste!
|Melted butter||3 1/2 Ounce|
|Coconut oil||1 Ounce|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond flour||200 Gram|
|Xanthan gum||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. To start into a large bowl add the eggs, yes there is a lot here but you need them and trust me the bread does not taste eggy but I’ll get to that later in the recipe. Whisk the eggs for 5-8 minutes, either by hand or with electric beaters. The reason why you want to beat them so long is to generate heaps of air into the eggs which will give the bread a real light fluffy texture.
2. Next add the cooled melted butter and whisk again for a further minute, next add in the almond flour, baking powder and xanthem gum.
3. Add a pinch of salt and gently mix, you don’t want to over mix the dough because you want to retain as much air as you can.
4. Place the batter into a loaf tin lined with baking paper.
5. Now this goes into a preheated oven at 180C or 350F for 45 minutes. When it comes out leave it in the tin for 10 minutes, then take it out and leave to cool completely - this is the stage where that eggy taste completely disappears, so don’t cut into or anything - just leave it to cool.
6. Once cool you can slice into and spread with any nut butter you wish, or my homemade keto Nutella. As for keeping this, it will keep for days in the fridge in an airtight container. I slice it as I go, but I also keep slices in the freezer and thaw when needed. This is just the base recipe to launch some amazing keto bread creations, think cinnamon sugar toast or add in seeds and nuts to make a wholegrain version, you can also try out different flours like coconut.
Notes: Now what is xanthem gum and where can I get it? Well its a polysaccharide which means its a food stabiliser and thickening agent, so it basically prevents the ingredients from separating. You can get xanthem gum at many supermarkets in the health food section or in health food stores.