Crab curry is one of my favorite things! It's a perfect Sunday family lunch. Everyone sits around the table with mounds of rice tearing apart at the crustaceans with their fingers. The gravy is a balance between the roasted spices and coconut. This makes a rich gravy and is simply delicious! Hailing from coastal Goa, try this simple and authentic recipe!
|Coriander seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon piece||1 Inch|
|White poppy seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced onions||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Coconut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (or as required)|
|For crab coconut curry:|
|Diced onion||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tamarind pieces||2 Inch (soaked in 1/2 cup of hot water)|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
1. Roast the whole spices and red chillies and remove to cool.
2. Add the onion, garlic and chillies.
3. Add the turmeric and some water and grind it to a smooth paste.
4. Melt some coconut oil, and saute the onions.
5. Add the masala paste and saute.
6. Add salt and jaggery.
7. Add the crabs.
8. Add the water, more salt and the tamarind paste.
9. Cover and cook.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves before serving.
11. Serve and enjoy!