There are a million gazillion ways to make a Pulao. This is probably one of the simplest ways to make it. I learned how to make this from my beloved Mom, God rest her dear soul. Her Pulao was always made with perfectly separate grains. I remember her simple pulao only had a few ingredients and this is the recipe Im replicating today for you.
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Soak the rice and rinse it a few times.
2. Add some oil to the pot and the onions and cloves.
3. Add the tomatoes & Turmeric.
4. Add the stock and bring to the boil.
5. Add the rice.
6. Put a lid on this and cook for about 20mins, checking in at the halfway point.
7. Stir very gently and be careful not to break the grains.
8. Serve and enjoy!