Glen Makes Chef John Food Wishes Chicken Piccata - Finally we get a most watched video recipe from Chef John at Food Wishes!
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||2|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|All purpose flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (for dredging)|
|Olive oil||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
|Capers||15 Milliliter , drained (1 tbsp)|
|White wine||125 Milliliter (1/2 cup)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Chicken stock/Water||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Cold butter||45 Milliliter (cut up, 3 tbsp)|
|Chopped fresh italian parsley||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
1. Butterfly and pound out the chicken breasts to ½" thick.
2. Season breasts on both sides with cayenne, salt, and pepper.
3. Heat a heavy pan with olive oil to medium high.
4. Brown the chicken on both sides until mostly cooked through.
5. Remove chicken from pan and toss in the capers.
6. Crush about half of the capers with whatever kitchen tool you have in your hand.
7. Deglaze the pan with the wine, and add the lemon juice.
8. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
9. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and mix in the butter.
10. As the butter melts into the sauce really shake and stir to fully emulsify.
11. Sprinkle in some parsley and return the chicken to the pan.
12. Continue to heat on low until chicken is fully cooked through.
13. Sprinkle with more parsley to serve.