We've all had the bland, uninspiring Italian Chicken Marsala... You know the recipes without any flavour. We've tackled that problem, and here is our Updated Improved Chicken Marsala Recipe
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||2|
|All purpose flour||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 cups)|
|Olive oil||60 Milliliter (1/4 cup)|
|Butter||45 Milliliter , divided (3 tbsp, in total)|
|Sliced mushrooms||500 Gram (1 lb)|
|Shallots||2 , mince|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm) , mince|
|Dry masala||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Chicken stock||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|White wine vinegar||30 Milliliter (2 tbsp)|
1. Butterfly and flatten the chicken breasts.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place the flour in a shallow dish and dredge the chicken in the flour.
4. Heat a pan on medium high, and coat with the olive oil and a tablespoon or so of butter.
5. Brown the chicken on both sides.
6. While the chicken is browning slice the mushrooms, dice the shallots, and garlic.
7. Remove the chicken, add more butter and fry the mushrooms in the same pan.
8. When the mushrooms have released their moisture, add the shallots and garlic.
9. When the shallots are soft and the garlic fragrant, add in the Marsala and cook off the alcohol.
10. Add in the chicken stock and simmer to partially reduce.
11. Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
12. Add another tablespoon of butter and the vinegar.
13. Add the chicken back to the pan, and cook until chicken is done.
14. Serve and enjoy!