Tastiest Chocolate Dump Cake Recipe Ever - This is the richest chocolate cake recipe, and the easiest chocolate cake recipe you'll ever make. The dense, moist, rich, chocolate flavour is accompanied by a simple chocolate icing.
|Sugar||500 Milliliter (about 400 g / 2 cups)|
|70% bittersweet chocolate||115 Gram (about 4 ounces)|
|Unsalted butter||115 Gram (about 25 mL / 1/2 cup)|
|Water||250 Milliliter (about 1 cup)|
|All purpose flour||500 Milliliter (about 280g / 2 cups)|
|Baking soda||10 Milliliter (about 2 tsp)|
|Baking powder||5 Milliliter (about 1 tsp)|
|Coarse salt||1 Teaspoon (about 1 tsp)|
|Buttermilk||250 Milliliter (about 1 cup)|
|Pure vanilla extract||5 Milliliter (about 1 tsp)|
|Instant coffee||15 Milliliter (about 1 tsp)|
|Chocolate liqueur||15 Milliliter (about 1 tbsp)|
|70% bittersweet chocolate||275 Gram|
|Sour cream||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (at room temperature)|
|Pure vanilla extract||10 Milliliter (about 2 tsp)|
|Salt||2 Milliliter (about 1/2 tsp)|
|Icing sugar||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC (375°F).
2. Put the sugar, unsweetened chocolate, butter and water in a saucepan.
3. Stir over medium heat until fully melted and blended.
4. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
5. Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
6. In a small bowl, stir together the buttermilk, vanilla, and instant coffee.
7. Grease, flour and line 2 - 9" cake pans with parchment.
8. Whisk the milk mixture and eggs into the slightly cooled chocolate mixture.
9. Whisk in the dry ingredients, in 2-3 additions.
10. Divide the batter between the pans and bake about 30 to 35 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
11. Let the cakes cool completely, then remove from the pans and cool on a rack.
12. Meanwhile, make the icing.
13. Using your preferred method - melt the chocolate, then let cool almost to room temperature, but before it sets up again.
14. Stir in the sour cream, 1/4 cup at a time, until the mixture is smooth.
15. Stir in the vanilla and salt, add just enough icing sugar to stiffen and attain desired sweetness.
16. Ice as a layer cake.
17. Serve and enjoy!
If you don't have/use instant coffee. you could replace the cup of water in step one with a cup of brewed coffee.