Learn How To Make Kanelbullar a Swedish Cinnamon Buns Recipe! This Scandinavian cinnamon bun recipe is a specialty of Sweden where cardamom cinnamon buns are everywhere! Is this the best kanellbullar recipe in English?
|Active dry yeast||8 Gram (about 2 tsp)|
|Warm water||60 Milliliter (about 1/4 cup)|
|Milk||250 Milliliter (about 1 cup)|
|All purpose flour||570 Gram (about 1000 mL / 4 cups)|
|Granulated sugar||90 Gram (about 250 mL / 1 cup)|
|Salt||3 Gram (about 1/2 tsp)|
|Ground cardamom||5 Gram (about 2 tsp)|
|Butter||110 Gram (about 120 mL / 8 tbsp at room Temp)|
|Almond paste||200 Gram|
|Vanilla sugar||10 Gram (about 15 mL / 1 tbsp)|
|Ground cinnamon||30 Gram (about 60 mL / 4 tbsp)|
|Butter||150 Gram (about 165 mL / 11 tbsp at room temp.)|
|For egg wash:|
|Water||60 Milliliter (about 4 tbsp)|
|Pearl sugar||1 Tablespoon (to sprinkle on)|
|Water||125 Milliliter (about 1/2 cup)|
|Granulated sugar||95 Gram (about 250 mL / 1 cup)|
1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water, 40ºC (110ºF).
2. Heat the milk to 110ºF .
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, cardamom.
4. Mix the dissolved yeast into the milk along with the egg.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and run dough hook just until a ragged dough forms.
6. Allow this dough to rest for 20 minutes.
7. Run the dough hook for 2-3 minutes on low until the dough 'comes together'.
8. When the dough comes together, increase the speed a little and add the butter a little at a time.
9. Run the dough hook to knead for about 10 minutes until it feels elastic, glossy and fine on the surface.
10. Once kneaded cover in the mixing bowl and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
11. Meanwhile mix together the almond paste, vanilla sugar, butter and cinnamon.
12. Roll out the dough 3-4 mm thick, or about 16"x24".
13. Spread the cinnamon filling on the dough and fold in half.
14. cut into 16 strips, and tie in knots. (watch the video)
15. Place the knots on two baking sheets lined with parchment.
16. If you don't want to make knots then roll the dough into a log and slice into 16 buns.
17. Cover with a tea towel and allow to rise until double in size, about 1½ - 2 hours.
18. Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
19. Mix the egg and water to make an egg wash, and brush each bun with it.
20. Sprinkle each with pearl sugar.
21. Bake for 10 -15 minutes, or until the internal temp is 200ºF.
22. If baking both pans at the same time, rotate and switch them between racks halfway.
23. Meanwhile make the syrup, mix water and sugar in a pan and cook until dissolved.
24. As the buns come out of the oven, brush them with the syrup while both are still hot.
25. Serve and enjoy!