Just in time for the Holiday Season, I'm throwing a virtual Open House and you're invited! This recipe for Chicken Patties is a classic bakery style layers of buttery pastry with a Chicken filling in between!
|Butter||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked diced chicken||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dried parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||1 Dash|
|Puff pastry||1 Kilogram|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
1. Prepare the filling - melt the butter, add the flour and the milk a little at a time.
2. Add the cooked chicken and the parsley, mix and then cool.
3. Add salt, pepper & sauce.
4. Cut the pastry into circles, you need 3 circles per patty and this will make 24.
5. Brush the bottom circle with the egg wash and add 1 tsp of the filling.
6. Add the second layer of pastry and brush with egg again and then add the final layer.
7. Make a depression with a smaller cutter and prick the outer layer with a fork.
8. Bake for 25 mins.
9. Serve and enjoy!