Traditionally, Marzipan is made by cooking all the ingredients over a low flame. It requires your undivided attention and a lot of muscle power. A decade or so ago I figured out a way to make this relatively easily in the microwave, and this is the recipe I will share with you!
|Ground almonds/Almond meal||100 Gram (3 1/2 oz)|
|Icing sugar||200 Gram (7 oz)|
|Egg whites||2 (50 ml)|
|Almond essence||2 Drop|
1. Process everything together with half the egg white and then process again.
2. Take the mixture out and add to a microwaveable plate, cover with cling film and zap in the microwave for 10 secs, 3 to 4 times.
3. Remove and scrape onto a board to cool.
4. Once cool add food coloring and knead adding extra icing sugar if sticky.
5. Divide and roll into balls and then press into the molds.
6. serve and enjoy!