This Beef and Barley Stew is hearty and comforting. Enhanced with Mushrooms and Kale, it's perfect for a cold January!
|Coriander roots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef blade steak||8 Ounce|
|Garlic cloves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soya sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Sliced spring onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef stock||1 Liter|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cubed potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked barley||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kale||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Spring onion leaves||3 Tablespoon|
|Beef cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Make a coarse spice paste by pounding together the coriander roots, peppercorns, and garlic.
2. Heat up some oil and saute the spice blend.
3. Add the beef and saute for color.
4. Add the spring onion bulbs.
5. Add the soya sauce followed by the stock cover and cook till the beef is nice and tender.
6. Add more soy if needed.
7. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook.
8. By now the beef is tender and the stock has reduced.
9. Remove the beef and mushroom bits.
10. Add water to the leftover thickened stock and add the cubed potatoes and allow to cook.
11. Add the kale and the spring onion leaves.
12. Add the beef and mushroom back into the pot, add more water and stir.
13. Add the cooked barley.
14. Serve and enjoy!