This delicious Mexican Chilli recipe is made in my new Instant Pot. I defrosted a chunk of frozen ground meat before making this delicious dish!
|Ground beef||1 Kilogram (about 2 lbs)|
|Diced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||3 Tablespoon|
|Minced jalapeno||2 Tablespoon|
|Diced red pepper||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Diced green pepper||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned mixed beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned diced tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cumin powder||4 Teaspoon|
|Mexican chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned corn||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Set the IP to saute mode and heat some oil and saute the onion followed by the garlic and jalapeno.
2. Add the Beef and cook till browned.
3. Add the spices & salt.
4. Add the red and green peppers.
5. Add the beans and the tomatoes.
6. Follow with the stock.
7. Cancel the Saute setting, change to Pressure Cook or Manual and set for 10 mins.
8. Once done allow the steam to quick release if in a rush.
9. Cancel and set to Saute mode again.
10. Add the corn and coriander.
11. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and grated cheese
This Chilli is hearty and delicious, top with some sour cream and grated cheese and you have an instant party! Speaking of parties, this is a great recipe for a potluck, double, triple or quadruple the recipe as required and take the IP with you so serve it hot and fresh.