We LOVE our green masala, whether its used as a dip, a chutney or a marinade coriander and chillies with other spices is King! In this recipe, Im giving my Instant Pot a whirl by first defrosting ground beef and then allowing it to cook and infuse in a glorious green blend. Try this for yourself!
|For green masala:|
|Green chilli||1 , slice|
|Ginger piece||1 Inch , slice|
|Coriander/Cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For green masala kheema:|
|Ground beef||1 1/2 Kilogram|
|Diced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cubed potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cumin powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Diced tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tamarind pieces||1 Inch (soak in 1/4 cup of hot water)|
|Beef bouilloin||1 , chop|
|Peas||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly chopped coriander||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In a blender add the lime, green chilli, ginger, garlic and coriander.
2. Add some water to get this going and grind to a paste.
3. Defrost the meat if frozen.
4. Heat up some oil and cook the potatoes till they are 3/4 done and remove.
5. In the same oil saute the onion.
6. Add the ground green paste or masala.
7. Add the thawed meat and allow this to brown.
8. Add the spices and the tomatoes.
9. Add the water and salt.
10. Break up any lumps.
11. Add the soaked tamarind.
12. Pressure cook for 25 mins.
13. Add the potatoes back in.
14. Add the peas.
15. Add the chopped coriander and serve.