If you've never had a Dhokla, it's a steamed Vegetarian, savoury snack with a cake like texture. It can be made of different things, Rice, Chickpeas, Dhal or Semolina. Semolina is the coarse, purified wheat middlings of durum wheat mainly used in making upma, pasta, and couscous It's steamed and is airy and light using citric acid or in my recipe, Eno fruit Salt. This instant method is very popular. The use of Cheese in a Dhokla is not traditional at all, but I wanted to impart the flavor of. Chilli Cheese sandwich into a dhokla format. There's always a first time right?
|Semolina||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eno fruit salt||3 Teaspoon (about 10 gms)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green chili||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mustard oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried red chillies||4|
|Black mustard seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
1. Add the salt, sugar and oil to the semolina.
2. Follow with the yogurt and mix it well.
3. Add half the water and get your instant pot and baking pan prepped and ready.
4. Before you add the Eno, add the rest of the water, mix and follow quickly with the Eno.
5. Add half the batter to the cake pan and spread quickly and evenly.
6. Cover the surface with cheese and green chilli.
7. Add the second half of the batter and cover.
8. Add a cup of water to the Instant Pot and place the pan on top of a trivet.
9. Cover the pot and set to sealing.
10. Set the IP on Pressure Cook or Manual for 15 mins
11. Prepare the tadka by heating the mustard oil and sautéing the dried chillies, mustard and cumin seeds.
12. Add the fragrant curry leaves and keep aside.
13. Once done, allow the steam to release naturally.
14. Serve and enjoy!