This deep fried Kebab is flavored with a fresh ground combination of whole spices, ginger and garlic, scrambled and whole egg. You also add onion, chopped tomato coriander. This flattened deep fried kebab is served with or without a slice of tomato.
|For whole spices:|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch|
|Cumin seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||2 Teaspoon|
|For chapli kebab:|
|Chickpea flour/Gram flour||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely diced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced tomatoes||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (remove seeds and pulp)|
|Finely chopped coriander||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground meat||500 Gram (Mutton, Lamb or Beef)|
|Chilli flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Lightly toast the whole spices – cardamoms, star anise, cinnamon, cumin, coriander seeds and peppercorns and when cool grind into a fine powder.
2. Heat the Chick pea flour and keep aside.
3. Heat some oil and scramble one of the two eggs.
4. In a food processor, add the ground meat, salt, ginger and garlic paste. Egg and process it well.
5. Remove and add the diced onion, tomato & coriander.
6. Flatten the mixture, press in a slice of tomato(optional) and shallow fry in one side.
7. Flip over and fry on the other side.
8. Remove and drain the excess oil on some kitchen towel.
9. Serve and enjoy!