Learn how to make Dal Bati Churma at home with chef Varun Inamdar on Rajshri Food.
Dal Bati Churma is a Rajasthani famous Vegetarian Main Course Recipe. The Dal prepared in this recipe is made using 5 different lentils and the Bati is made by roasting the dough.
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooked panchmel dal||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Coriander leaves||To Taste|
|Wheat flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (use as required)|
|Powdered sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Heat ghee in a vessel, add cumin seeds, asafoetida, garlic, green chillies, give it a good mix.
2. Once the garlic starts changing colour, lower the flame and add turmeric, red chilli powder, panchmel dal and mix well.
3. Add tomatoes, coriander leaves, salt, allow it to simmer on low flame for 5-7 minutes. Keep stirring the dal while it's cooking.
4. In a bowl, add wheat flour, salt, ghee, mix well until it gets bread- crumb like texture.
5. Add water and knead it into a nice, fine dough. Keep it aside to rest for 10 minutes.
6. Make lemon sized balls of the dough, flatten it with hands and make partition. Bring the four side together by making a ball.
7. Place on the batis on the stove rack, till they are charred and brown on all sides. Place the batis into 2 different bowl, one should contain some ghee in it. The one which has ghee is for the bati and the other is for churma.
8. Transfer the roast bati's in a mixer jar and grind them into powder.
9. Heat a pan, add ghee, green cardamom, powdered bati, almonds, mix well and toast it until it's nice and fragrant.
10. Transfer it to another bowl, powdered sugar, give it a final mix.
11. Our Churma is ready to plate. Serve and Enjoy!