Learn how to make Murgh Methi Malai at home with Chef Smita Deo on Get Curried.
As the name suggests, the main ingredients used to prepare this lip-smacking dish are chicken, cream, fenugreek leaves and spices. You can serve this delightful recipe on occasions like get-togethers, pot luck and dates.
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Yogurt||3/4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chop|
|Cashew nuts||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ginger piece||1/2 Inch|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh cream||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , beaten|
1. In a bowl, add chicken, ginger paste, garlic paste, yogurt, salt, mix well and keep it aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add fenugreek leaves and fry them until they are nice and crisp.
3. Heat a vessel, add oil, ghee, onions and saute them until they are nice and soft.
4. Add cashew paste and saute them until the oil separates.
5. Add the marinated chicken and saute it on a high flame for 4-5 minutes.
6. Add water, salt, cover it with a lid and cook on medium flame till it's completely done.
7. Add the fried fenugreek, mix it well, increase the flame and boil the curry for 3-4 minutes.
8. Reduce the flame and add milk, stir it again.
9. Add fresh cream, mix it and let it cook for a minute.
10. Our Murgh Methi Malai is ready to serve.