Learn how to make Sponge Cake at home with Chef Tarika Singh on Get Curried.
Everyone should have an easy and delicious cake recipe in their go to list. Today chef Tarika Singh is going to show you one such recipe that is easy to make.
|Oil||8 Tablespoon , divided (4 tbsp for batter and 4 tbsp for the pan baking)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
|Parchment paper sheets||1|
|All purpose flour||60 Gram|
|Salt||1/4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Baking soda||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Caster sugar||80 Gram|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Icing sugar||1 Teaspoon (for dusting)|
1. Add oil on a pan, cover it and let heat it on low flame.
2. Grease the cake pan with butter, place a parchment paper at the bottom.
3. In a bowl, add all purpose flour, salt, baking powder and sift it twice.
4. Crack open eggs in a bowl, whisk them till they turn nice and thick.
5. Add caster sugar to the egg in batches.
6. Sift the dry ingredients into the dry mixture.
7. Fold in the dry ingredients gently in batches as well.
8. Add vanilla extract, oil, fold they nicely together.
9. Pour the batter into the cake pan.
10. Place a vessel inside the preheated pan and place the cake pan on it.
11. Cover the pan and let it cook on for 30-40 minutes.
12. Prick the cake in the center and check whether it's ready.
13. Once it's done, take it off the heat and place it on a rack.
14. Take a knife and run it around just to confirm that it has loosened up completely and then invert it on a cake.
15. Take out the parchment paper, dust it lightly with icing sugar.
16. Our Sponge Cake is ready to serve.