Learn how to make Chicken Bharta at home with Chef Varun Inamdar on Get Curried.
All of us have heard about Baingan Bharta right? But are your wandering what is chicken bharta? Watch the video to know about Kolkata Special Chicken Bharta recipe by Chef Varun Inamdar.
|Onion puree||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ginger garlic green chili paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomato puree||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon , roast|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Kasuri methi powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Cashew nuts||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) , soaked|
|Fresh cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs) , shredded|
|Hard boiled egg||1 , chop|
1. Heat oil in a vessel, onion puree, saute it on medium flame until the raw flavor goes away.
2. Add ginger, garlic & green chilli paste, tomato puree, urn the flame on high and allow it to cook for a minute or so.
3. Add garam masala, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin seed powder, kasuri methi powder and allow it to cook on medium flame.
4. In a mixer jar, add cashew nut, fresh cream, curd and grind it into a paste.
5. Add the cashew paste into the pan.
6. Add salt, chicken stock and allow it to cook well till the oil starts releasing.
7. Add butter, give it a quick stir and add shredded chicken.
8. Give it a good mix and add stock if required.
9. Allow the chicken to poach in the final mixture for a minute or so.
10. Add egg, give it a final stir and our Chicken Bharta is ready.
11. Plate the Chicken Bharta and garnish it with Egg slice.
12. Serve and enjoy!