Learn how to make Baida Roti at home with Chef Varun Inamdar on Get Curried.
Baida Roti is a well know street food recipe in Mumbai. It is made by stuffing chicken keema and egg into the dough and then frying them.
|Chopped onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green chillies||3 , chop|
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped tomato||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Chicken mince||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped coriander leaves||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dough||1 Cup (16 tbs) (see the recipe ingredients below)|
|Oil||3 Tablespoon (for frying)|
|For the dough:|
|Water||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (or as needed)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
FOR THE DOUGH:
1. Make a well of the dough, add salt, oil and knead it with water. Our dough is ready.
FOR THE BAIDA ROTI:
1. Heat oil in a pan, add onion, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, cook them for a minute until the raw flavor goes away.
2. Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, give it a good mix.
3. Add chicken mince, salt and mix well.
4. Cook till the keema is done.
5. Add coriander leaves, mix well and switch off the flame.
6. Make portions of the dough, apply some oil on the working table, pat well and roll it thin.
7. Break a egg in a glass, add 2-3 large spoon of the mince, salt and mix well.
8. Pour the mixture in the center of the rolled dough and envelope it.
9. Heat oil in a pan, place the parcel on it, allow it to cook on both sides for 30-40 seconds.
10. Serve and enjoy!