One of my greatest pleasures in winter is to slow down and enjoy a hot, savory meal. A bowl of soup is a delicious way to warm up those cold, crisp days. and are so easy to make.
|For robust tomato soup:|
|Diced tomatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs) , peeled|
|Tomato juice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter stick||1|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For sweet potato and hot pepper soup:|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1 Small , chop|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Sweet potatoes||500 Gram , cubed|
|Hot pepper||1 (jalapeno or Serrano work well, seeded and diced)|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Curry powder||To Taste|
|For garlic lentil soup:|
|Dried lentils||2 1/3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||7|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||10 Clove (50 gm)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon pepper||1 Pinch|
FOR ROBUST TOMATO SOUP:
1. Add diced tomatoes and tomato juice to a large sauce pan and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
2. Add basil leaves then pour mixture into blender and blend until smooth.
3. Return to sauce pan and add butter and whipping cream.
4. Reheat mixture in sauce pan and it is ready to serve.
5. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve and enjoy!
FOR SWEET POTATO AND HOT PEPPER SOUP
1. Heat olive oil in large stock pot.
2. Add onion and garlic.
3. Cook until onion in translucent and garlic is soft.
4. Add sweet potatoes and hot pepper.
5. Saute mixture for 10 minutes.
6. Add chicken stock and thyme sprigs .
7. Bring to boil and then reduce the heat until the potatoes are tender.
8. Remove thyme springs and transfer soup to a blender and process until smooth.
9. Return to pot and heat thoroughly.
10. Add salt and curry powder to taste
11. Serve and enjoy!
FOR GARLIC LENTIL SOUP:
1. Start with 2 1/3 cups of dried lentils that have been soaked in water overnight.
2. Then add about 8 cups of water and about 6 to 7 chicken bouillon cubes.
3. Bring this to a slow boil for about 40 minutes.
4. Prepare the saute while the lentils are cooking. This consists of 2 yellow onions chopped, about a cup of sliced mushrooms, a cup of celery, and a cup of garlic-about 10 cloves. To prepare the garlic, peel the skins from the cloves and crush them with the blade of a knife before adding them to the saute.
5. Saute these ingredients with about 3 tablespoons of olive oil for 10 minutes at a medium heat. Once the onions are soft, add the entire mixture to the lentils.
6. As a finishing touch, add some lemon pepper, salt and a couple of bay leaves.
7. Serve and enjoy!