This Sheet Pan Tray Bake Chicken with Lemon recipe is a response to a youtube recipe that we tried. The original was done in a slowcooker and it was... not good. So Glen Julie set about to improve the flavour and texture, while still retaining ease of cooking and the general flavour profile.
|Lemon zest||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (about 60 mL)|
|Freshly squeezed lemon juice||1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (about 75 mL)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon (about 5 mL)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (about 5 mL, plus extra for seasoning)|
|Dried mustard||1 Teaspoon (about 5 mL)|
|Fresh oregano||1 Tablespoon (about a handful)|
|Fresh thyme||1 Tablespoon (about a handful)|
|Chicken breasts||600 Gram (about 2, skin on bone in)|
|Baby red potatoes||250 Gram , halved|
|Carrots||250 Gram , quartered|
|Green beans||50 Gram (about a handful)|
|Olive oil||45 Milliliter (about 3 tbsp)|
1. In a blender, jug mix together the lemon zest, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, onion, red pepper flakes, salt, dried mustard, oregano, and thyme.
2. Blend on highest speed unit smooth.
3. Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts and marinade in the fridge from 1 - 12 hours.
4. Prep the veg, by cutting into similar sized pieces.
5. preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF)
6. Toss the veg in olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
7. Spread the veg in a single layer onto a sheet tray, and place the chicken on top.
8. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the chicken cooked/reaches 165ºF.
9. Serve and enjoy!