You would never have imagined the possibility of preparing such a luxuriant soup at such a low-calorie count!
The soup will be naturally creamy due to the soft pumpkin. Even though it is a savory soup, the slight sweetness of the pumpkin makes it even more delicious.
A real treat for pumpkin lovers, this delicious soup has an enticing flavour and irresistibly herby aroma.
|Red pumpkin diced||2 Cup (32 tbs) (bhopla / kaddu)|
|Low fat butter||1 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped onion||1/4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste (kalimirch)|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
1. To make the pumpkin soup, heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
2. Add the pumpkin and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3. Add 3 cups of hot water, salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool completely.
6. Once cooled, blend in a mixer till smooth.
7. Transfer the mixture back into the same deep non-stick pan, add the oregano and mix well.
8. Cook on a medium flame for 1 minute or till it comes to boil, while stirring continuously.
9. Serve the pumpkin soup immediately.
At step 8 it is suggested to cook only till the mixtutre comes to boil, switch off the flame and serve immediately. Boiling it for more time or re-heating it might lead to curdling of the soup.