Is This The Best Hummus Recipe on Youtube? Glen is about to find out as he makes the most watched recipes on Youtube! Hummus actually just means chickpeas... so the correct name for this is probably hummus dip? or hummus tahini dip? hummus bi tahini?
Whatever you might call it... as of right now 'Inspired Taste' here on youtube has the most views with 3.7 million.
|Canned chickpeas||540 Milliliter , drained, rinsed (1 can)|
|Fresh lemon juice||60 Milliliter (about 1/2 cup or around 1 large lemon)|
|Tahini||60 Milliliter (about 1/4 cup)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) , mince|
|Extra virgin olive oil||30 Milliliter (about 2 Tbsp)|
|Ground cumin||1/2 Teaspoon (about 2 mL)|
|Water||40 Milliliter (about 2 to 3 Tbsp)|
|Ground paprika||1 Pinch (for serving)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon (for serving)|
1. In a food processor, whiz the tahini and lemon juice for 1 minute, until smooth and creamy.
2. Scrape down the processor bowl and add the salt, cumin, minced garlic, olive oil, and salt.
3. Whiz for 30 seconds, then scrape down the processor bowl and whiz again until well blended.Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and whiz for 1 minute.
4. Scrape down the processor bowl, and add remaining chickpeas.
5. Whiz until quite smooth scraping down the processor bowl as needed.While the processor is running add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water until you reach your perfect consistency.
6. Adjust salt as needed.
7. Serve with a sprinkle of paprika and a drizzle of olive oil.
Where we live in Canada chickpeas only seem to be sold in 540 mL (19 fl ounce) cans.