Another date night dessert! This time Chocolate Panna Cotta
|For the chocolate decoration:|
|70% chocolate||150 Gram|
|For the panna cotta:|
|Double cream||125 Milliliter|
|Whole milk||125 Milliliter|
|Cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||25 Gram|
|Vanilla bean paste||1/2 Teaspoon|
|For the caramelised pears:|
|Caster sugar||50 Gram|
|For the hazelnut cookies:|
|Unsalted butter||85 Gram|
|Caster sugar||50 Gram|
|Plain flour||100 Gram|
For Chocolate decoration:
1. Heat the chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water or melt in the microwave.
2. When melted, using a spoon make swiggly decorations onto parchment paper or a silicone mat and then put into the fridge to harden until ready to serve.
For Panna cotta:
3. You will need 4 medium sized dariole moulds. Heat the cream, milk, caster sugar, vanilla seeds, and cocoa powder in a saucepan.
4. When it starts to come to boil, remove from the heat.
5. Soak the gelatine in cold water then squeeze out the excess water and whisk into the mixture.
6. Next, put the mixture into the moulds and into the fridge to set until ready to plate. This will take just over 2 hours or can be made the night before.
For Caramelised Pears:
7. Peel the pears, and take out the core. Slice into eighths and put the caster sugar onto a plate.
8. Coat the pears with sugar. Put into a hot frying pan to caramelise. This should take around 5minutes.
9. Preheat oven to 160c/370f. Toast the hazelnuts in the oven for 4-5 minutes on a tray. Remove and blitz in a food processor until ground. Or you can buy pre ground hazelnut meal.
10. Then cream the butter and the caster sugar together in a mixing bowl.
11. Stir in the nuts and plain flour to the mixture.
12. Knead the mixture then roll it out to 5mm thick.
13. Using a small cookie cutter, cut out circles and put onto a non-stick baking tray and bake for about 25 minutes until they are coloured slightly.
14. You want the biscuit to be hardened a bit on the bottom but soft on the top as when it cools it will harden.
15. Leave to cool on a wire rack until ready to serve.
For Assembling & Serving:
16. To plate, dip the dariole mould in boiling water to release the panna cotta and flip out onto the plate.
17. Serve with the hazelnut cookies and pears on the side. 18. Place the chocolate decoration on the top of the panna cotta and serve immediately. Enjoy