This soul food classic recipe of Chicken Waffles is perfect for sharing!
|Boneless chicken thighs||500 Gram|
|Corn flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Panko bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Maple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Whole egg mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sambal oelek/Sriracha hot sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground tumeric||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Smoked paprika||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon|
1. Into a bowl with the Panko crumbs add the spices and mix well. Place the chicken in the corn flour and roll around until coated, dust off the excess and place in the beaten eggs.
2. Again coat throughly and now place in the panko crumb spice mix.
3. Coat all sides and place on a baking tray for 5 minutes before frying.
4. Heat the vegetable oil to 180C/350F and in batches fry the chicken for 2-5 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. If your chicken pieces are larger, then obviously they will need more cooking time. Remove and place on paper towel.
5. Place the mayonnaise, sambel oelek and lime juice in a bowl and mix until combined.
6. Place the fried chicken pieces in the waffle cones, drizzle with chilli mayo, lime juice and maple syrup. Serve immediately. Enjoy!