Is This The Best Sandwich Loaf Recipe On Youtube? Glen is back at it testing out the most watched recipes on Youtube this time white sandwich bread... is this homemade white bread recipe any good?
|Unsalted butter||57 Gram (about 60 mL / 4 Tbsp)|
|Honey||30 Milliliter (about 2 Tbsp)|
|All purpose flour||425 Gram|
|Coarse salt||7 Milliliter (about 1 1/2 tsp)|
|Instant yeast||11 Milliliter (about 2 1/4 tsp)|
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat bring the milk, butter, and honey up to 110º - 115ºF.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the flour, salt, and instant yeast.
3. Give it a mix with a spatula or your hand.
4. When the milk has reached 110º - 115ºF, remove it from the heat and pour it into the stand mixer.
5. If the milk has overheated, allow it to cool to 110º - 115ºF before adding it.
6. Combine everything into a ragged dough with a spatula.
7. Attach the dough hook and knead on medium speed for 10 minutes.
8. Remove the dough hook and cover the bowl.
9. Allow the dough to double in size.
10. Depending on the temp in your kitchen this could take 30 - 90 minutes.
11. Lightly flour your work surface and press the dough into a 9"x5" rectangle.
12. Fold the top ¼ towards yourself and press the dream closed.
13. Repeat until completely folded, pinching to seal at each fold.
14. Seal the ends, and place in a 9x5 loaf pan
15. Cover the loaf with a couche or plastic wrap and let it rise for 30 minutes.
16. Preheat the oven to 190ºC (375ºF), and place a cast iron pan on the lowest shelf of the oven.
17. Uncover the risen bread and fill the pan with boiling water.
18. Bake the bread for 35 - 45 minutes or until the internal temp is 190ºF.
19. Remove the bread from the pan immediately after baking, and allow to cool fully on a rack before slicing.
20. Serve and enjoy!