KFC style chicken recipe that is low carb and all protein!
|Protein powder||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (110 % Whey, Flavorless)|
|Unsweetened almond milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken breasts/Chicken thigh||4 Large|
|Coconut oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Spice & herb mix:|
|Ground ginger||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1/3 Teaspoon|
|Celery salt||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1/2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1/4 Teaspoon|
1. Combine all the spices into a bowl, mix well and divide into two large bowls.
2. In one bowl, add the almond milk and egg, mix well until combined.
3. Add the chicken and leave to marinate over night or for a few hours.
4. To the other spice mix add the protein powder and mix well.
5. Take the chicken out and dip into the protein spice mix until the chicken is coated well. For a better crunch you can double dip or repeat the last step.
6. For deep frying bring the coconut oil up to a medium heat and fry the chicken for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. For Air frying place in the air fryer and drizzle some coconut oil over the top, air fry for 8-9 minutes at 180/350 degrees turning once.
7. Serve immediately. Enjoy